This spring, we are launching our most ambitious annual campaign ever to mark this, our 25th year since Daniel Perez and Steve Jacobsen founded the FSH Society. Our goal: to raise $2.5 million by December 31, 2016. To reach it, we need to get off to the strongest start possible. Can you help us?
A group of generous benefactors has pledged to match members’ gifts up to a total of $25,000 if you make a donation by May 25th. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by!
Please take a moment to consider what the world would be like for you, your family, and loved ones living with FSHD if the FSH Society had not existed for the past quarter-century:
- You would have no one to call or email for advice or support in a crisis.
- You would not have access to timely, accurate information about FSHD.
- There would be no FSHD care guideline to inform those who provide your medical care.
- There would be almost no scientific research on FSH muscular dystrophy.
- We would likely still not know the genetic cause of FSHD.
- Biotech and pharmaceutical companies would not be investing in FSHD drug development and starting trials of potential drugs to treat FSHD.
Your world would be a lot grimmer—it would be a world without hope.
Through sheer determination and hard work by our founders and volunteers who serve on our Board of Directors, Scientific Advisory Board, and grassroots fundraisers and meetings, the FSH Society has persevered against staggering odds to survive, grow, and flourish.
We never take our existence for granted—and neither should you.
Our team works hard to raise every dollar and plow it back into research, education, and advocacy. Almost all of our funds come from members and supporters like you. We are deeply grateful to our loyal donors. Without them, the FSH Society would not be here today.
If you are someone who has never or rarely given, it’s not too late! Don’t take the FSH Society’s remarkable accomplishments for granted. Now, more than ever, we need your support on the most difficult march toward treatment and, someday, a cure.
Please honor—and celebrate—the FSH Society’s 25 years of dedicated effort by making a gift today. Your gift will be matched, dollar for dollar, up to $25,000 if made by May 25th.