Gifts of Stock

Gifts of securities such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds are especially advantageous if you hold a security such as stock that has increased in value since you acquired it. By making a gift of stock held longer than one year, you completely avoid paying capital gains tax. In addition, you receive an income tax deduction for the current market value of the gift.

For information on how to make a gift of securities, open the drawers below:

Electronic Transfer/DTC

If you hold stocks or bonds with a broker, you may transfer the securities electronically by instructing your broker to send the securities to the FSH Society’s account through the Depository Trust Company (DTC). For transfer instructions, please contact:

At the FSH Society:

Lisa Schimmel Director of Finance and Administration Tel: 781-301-6058 Fax: (781) 862-1116,

Our account at Wells Fargo: Advisor: Jeffrey R. Newman, Managing Director – Newman Investing Group 26135 Carmel Rancho Blvd, Building E Suite 200 Carmel, California 93923 USA Phone: (831) 625-7430 Fax: (831) 625-2137

In order to facilitate the transfer and acknowledgment of your stock gift, please notify the FSH Society of your name, the name of the stock, and the number of shares being donated before you transfer the stocks.

Stock and Bond Certificates

If you hold stocks or bonds in certificate form, you may send the certificates via registered mail to the FSH Society at the address below. Please leave the back of the certificate blank and do not endorse it.

FSH Society, Attn: Lisa Schimmel, 450 Bedford Street, Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Separately, in a second envelope via regular first-class mail, send us one stock power for each stock certificate. You may download a stock power form or obtain stock powers from your bank or broker. Be sure to sign the power exactly as you are listed on the face of the certificate. When you fill out the stock power form(s), please leave the assignment blank to facilitate our selling the shares. You will need to sign each form and fill in the description of the stock. Enclose a dated letter which identifies the stock and includes your signature as it appears on the certificate and/or stock power.

Mutual Funds

Mutual funds make excellent gifts and offer the same tax benefits as gifts of stocks or bonds.

If your mutual funds are held by your broker or banker, or are in certificate form, please use the procedure for stocks or bonds explained above. If your mutual funds are held by the fund company, you may write a dated letter to the fund, indicating your account number and instructing them to transfer the shares to:

FSH Society, Attn: Lisa Schimmel, 450 Bedford Street, Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Your letter should be signed and your signature guaranteed by your broker or banker. Enclose a copy of your latest statement if possible. Send your letter by certified mail (and return receipt requested if you would like to have proof of its delivery). Please send a copy of your authorization to the FSH Society to notify us of your gift.

Note: Most mutual fund companies have a toll-free number for shareholder questions. You may want to call them to confirm the above procedure before mailing your authorization letter.

If you would like more information on gifts of stocks, bonds or mutual funds, please contact the FSH Society office at (781) 301-6060 or email

Gifts of $2,500 or more are acknowledged in the FSH Society Annual Donor Impact Report, unless you request anonymity.