Date(s) - Friday, June 8, 2018 - Saturday, June 9, 2018
Flamingo Las Vegas
– FSHD International Research Conference (IRC) Scholarship applications are due by March 1, 2018
– FSHD IRC Abstracts are due by May, 18, 2018
– Assignments for IRC Poster/Presentation will be made by May, 25, 2018
– Flamingo hotel group rate reservation cut-off is May 18, 2018
– FSHD IRC and Connect Conference registrations close on May 25, 2018
On June 8 & 9, 2018, scientific and medical researchers from academia and industry will convene for the FSH Society’s 23rd annual International Research Conference (IRC). This invitation-only workshop is the premier annual platform for clinicians, medical researchers, and basic scientists to present and discuss new developments in FSHD research, reinforce collaborative efforts, and facilitate new initiatives.
Daniel Perez, Co-Founder & CSO of the FSH Society, will serve as organizational chair. Please send abstracts by Friday, May 18, 2018 and earlier if practicable. Send as an email in Word or PDF to email@example.com with the subject “FSHD IRC Abstract.” Please kindly indicate if you have a preference for a poster or a talk and who will be presenting the work. Regardless of whether you are or are not submitting an abstract you will still need to register for the meeting(s) and make reservations at the hotel online (below). Attendees and presenters need to make their own arrangements for travel and lodging.
IRC Meeting Organizing Committee
- Marnie Blewitt, PhD Walter + Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville Australia
- Peter L. Jones, PhD University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada USA
- Michael Kyba, PhD Lillehei Heart Institute, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
- Stephen J. Tapscott MD, PhD Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington USA
- Silvère van der Maarel, PhD Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, the Netherlands
- Jeffrey Statland, MD University of Kansas, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
- Baziel van Engelen, MD, PhD Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, the Netherlands
- Peter Zammit, PhD King’s College London, London, United Kingdom
Daniel Paul Perez & FSH Society Scientific Advisory Board
FSH Society, Lexington, Massachusetts USA
FSHD Connect Conference Schedule:
Saturday, June 9, 2018 – 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM PDT
Sunday, June 10, 2018 – 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM PDT
Our FSHD Connect conference brings together hundreds of patients, family members, researchers, physicians and health experts for a day-and-a-half of immersive learning and community building. Our 2018 meeting will feature talks by thought leaders on the latest in scientific research and medical management of FSHD, living with FSHD, and raising “an army of activists.” Breakout sessions will address topics to help you cope and live better with FSHD, including exercise and physical therapy, strategies for dealing with practical and emotional transitions, caregiving, “life hacks,” and much more.
A highlight of the conference will be the CureFSHD Banquet on the evening of Saturday, June 9, to celebrate the FSHD community. We will have “Researcher Roulette,” with FSHD researchers seated at every table to encourage great conversations and new friendships.
*Please note the CureFSHD Banquet is not included in the IRC Workshop or FSHD Connect Conference registration.
We are offering a limited number of scholarships to help defray costs of registration and travel. The deadline for scholarship applications was March 1, 2018.
Registration is limited to invited scientists, researchers, and clinicians working in the FSHD field. Please click here* to complete the registration form and enter the password provided in your email invitation. If you did not receive an email invitation and would like to attend this meeting, please contact Daniel Perez via email. *Registration closed on Friday, May 25th.
Questions? Please contact Robyn via email or call 781-301-6042.