The FSH Society’s annual FSHD International Research Congress and Workshop is the premier annual platform for clinicians, medical researchers, and basic scientists to present and discuss new developments in FSHD research, reinforce collaborative efforts, and facilitate new initiatives. We are currently planning the 2019 IRC for June 19-20, in Marseille, France. Please click here for updates and online registration.
Annually since 1994, the FSH Society has organized an annual international research meeting and workshop. The meeting has an open admission for active research professionals, with over 125 attendees from around the world.
The IRC is the premiere annual platform for clinicians, medical researchers and basic scientists to present and discuss new developments in FSHD research, reinforce collaborative efforts and facilitate new initiatives. The meeting has three goals:
- To discuss the genetic and biological mechanisms and patho-physiological causes of FSHD;
- To improve diagnostic techniques and criteria for FSHD; and
- To consider and evaluate new and existing therapies.
The meeting concludes with a discussion on research priorities for the coming year. For detailed reports, visit our Funding Priorities page:
Programs and abstracts of past meetings:
- 2018 FSHD Research Conference Program Book
- 2018 IRC Abstract Book
- 2016 FSHD Research Connect Boston
- 2015 Boston, Massachusetts
- 2014 San Diego, California
- 2013 Cambridge, Massachusetts
- 2012 San Francisco, California
- 2011 Watertown, Massachusetts
- 2010 Watertown, Massachusetts
- 2009 Watertown, Massachusetts
- 2008 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 2007 San Diego, California
- 2006 New Orleans, Louisiana
- 2005 Salt lake City, Utah
- 2004 Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2003 Los Angeles, California