Thank you for considering employment with FSH Society. If you feel that your skills and experience are aligned to the career opportunities posted please e-mail your resume directly to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls, please.
The Development Coordinator works primarily with the community development team to strategically define how to grow the number of individuals in the Society’s CRM (Constituent Resource Management) on an annual basis and to increase the Society’s outreach to donors and to members. The candidate will be responsible for inputting biographical information, gift reporting and processing, updating and maintaining constituent information, and generating reports and acknowledgments. This position interacts with donors, volunteers and Society staff.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully understands the capabilities and functions of the Salesforce CRM.
- Prepare an annual plan outlining the goals and objectives of the CRM function and tracks ongoing performance to ensure implementation of the plan.
- Establish and maintain the highest standards of data integrity for all records, ensuring that best practices are followed in relation to all data entry.
- Responsible for accuracy of the database including constituent records, coding (fund/campaign), and consistent data entry.
- Perform periodic maintenance to ensure data is accurate and free of duplicate records.
- Work with the community development team to ensure that volunteer data is accurately captured in the database.
- Create queries, donor mailing lists, and custom reports.
- Update CRM with address changes/returned mail/donor requests
- Process daily donations in the CRM
- Prepare and make daily deposits, including scanning checks
- Coordinates and is responsible for the quality control and daily integration of Salesforce with the accounting system and fundraising apps.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and reconcile with the finance team.
- Maintain up to date gift processing policies and procedures.
- Educate staff members on use and capabilities of the CRM.
- Advise on technologies necessary to enhance the Society’s fundraising & engagement capabilities in all areas of constituent development
- Facilitate the ongoing acquisition, cultivation, stewardship & engagement of grassroot donors (less than $1,000)
- Continue to build a community of sustaining/monthly gift donors
- Oversee the tribute giving program
- Prepare analytical and statistical reports for the development team
- Ensure regular and timely updates when responding to program area needs such as major gifts, annual fund and events
- Work with the community development team to enhance their relationship-building processes
- Perform administrative duties and other assignments as required
Outreach and Marketing
- Respond to donor questions and inquiries
- Organize constituents into pertinent groups and categories
- Recommend constituents to include in various Society communications and prepare mailing lists for distribution
- Prepare and mail acknowledgment letters
- Prepare and assemble Society materials for donors, events, meetings, and the media
- Cross trained to support community development and marketing (Social Media, blog posts, Mailchimp)
- Assist with writing, editing, and copy-editing the Advocate newsletter, mass solicitations, and stewardship letters
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Computer proficiency required
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience
- 1+ year of Salesforce administration experience strongly preferred
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Resourcefulness, and problem-solving acumen
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively
- Self-starter, enthusiastic, self-motivated
- Committed to excellence and quality
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Familiarity with social marketing techniques
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent.
- Ability to write reports and business
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
Physical and Practical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to see and read fine print. Employee will have close visual contact with a computer monitor constantly.
- Must be able to communicate utilizing a
- Mobility to allow access to all parts of the
- Must be willing and able to learn all necessary computer
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift boxes weighing at least 20 lbs., will sit for long periods of time, and may use repetitive wrist and hand motions involved in sorting and handling documents. The employee is regularly required to reach, with hands and arms.
How to Apply
Please send the following: (a) one-page cover letter, (b) resumé, and (c) the names and telephone numbers of three references by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
The FSH Society is an equal opportunity employer, which welcomes qualified applicants of all races, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations.